|2.9 - 6 3000 Mk. I||Black|
|Left Hand Drive|
|Work In Progress|
8 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 2 February 2013.
Photos of HBT7L2795
Click slide for larger image. This car has 9 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (4)
Detail Photos: Interior (1)
Detail Photos: Engine (3)
Detail Photos: Other (1)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2013-02-01 15:34:49 | Lofty writes:
1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7, 4 seat Roadster, 2912 cc six cylinder, 4 speed w/O.D.
READY FOR FINAL BODY PANEL DETAILS AND PAINT
READY FOR INTERIOR CARPETS AND FABRICS
All the mechanicals have been completed, The car has been test driven to be sure all the systems perform to correct specifications.
I have completed all of the following after starting with a very solid car;
* Car was stripped: all body panels, wiring, hoses, lines, etc. (suspension left intact)
* Bead blasted complete chassis and components-Prepared chassis for sealer and primer
* Painted with Dupont satin black paint system
* Installed complete correct wiring harness
* Installed new correct heat shield set
* Installed new brake lines, fuel lines, fuel pump
* Installed new radiator and all cooling hoses, etc.
* Rebuilt heater core, rebuilt heater motor
* All new correct grommets
* Rebuilt generator, starter, voltage reg. and other electrical components
* Rebuilt distributor by 'Advanced Distributors'
* All new brakes, brake cylinders,front rotors, turned rear brake drums
* New master cylinders for brake and clutch-new clutch slave cylinder
* New clutch and throwout bearing, resurfaced fly wheel
* Fully re-built transmission and overdrive with correct specifications for shift forks
* Fully re-built engine using original pistons-completly disassembled engine-cleaned and checked all components for wear-engine was found to be in very good condition-honed cylinders, new rings, new bearings, head was reconditioned with proper seats, springs, valves, All new seals, gaskets, etc. HD8 carburetors were rebuilt by Joe Curto to proper specifications.
** Upon installation of all mechanical components listed above, the car was started and test driven. All systems working properly with correct operating temp. and oil pressure.
***Last item to be installed was a complete Stainless Steel Exhaust System supplied by Moss Motors.
This car will take little work to have it ready for paint. I have boxes of original parts not shown such as chrome trims, grill, door handles, lights, etc. The winshield is complete but the glass is broken.
The 'Heritage Trust' information list this car as BLACK with RED interior, Chassis #HBT7L2795, Engine #29D-RU-H/3458