|2.9 - 6 3000 Mk. III|
|Left Hand Drive|
22 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 28 October 2007.
Photos of HBJ8L40068
Click slide for larger image. This car has 23 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (9)
Uploaded October 2007:
Interior Photos (4)
Details Photos: Exterior (5)
Detail Photos: Interior (2)
Detail Photos: Engine (3)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2007-10-28 07:10:18 | pauls writes:
Ebay item 10/28/07
Current bid $18,100 reserve not met, 12 bids, 4 days left in auction.
This 1967 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII is a beautiful, fun and exciting car.
Mechanically and cosmetically the car is in very good condition. It is by no means a Concourse Restoration though. It is more of a mild restoration/daily driver. The engine and engine bay are beautiful. The paint on the engine is very nice and all the parts fit perfectly with no leaks. The engine runs good and has a lot of acceleration. The transmission shifts smoothly for a car of this age and there is no slipping of the clutch with good engagement low in the pedal's travel. The interior is completely redone with new vinyl and carpet throughout. The dash and all the gauges, switches and wood trim look great. And, everything seems to work in the dash. In a few places on the interior, some of the vinyl is peeling away from edges and trim pieces because it is shrinking or the glue is not holding. An easy fix. The driver's seat has one tiny worn spot the size of a BB where the driver slides in and out of the car. The rear seat's lower cushion, has two 1/2" cuts in the vinyl towards the rear (in the middle). The door checks don't work and the door fit is not in perfect alignment on either side, but they do close easily and stay shut. The chrome trim inside the car looks real good, as does most of the exterior trim. The chrome around the windshield and on some of the small exterior trim pieces is pitting, but the bumpers, grilles, headlight surrounds and handles all look very good. The wire wheels are in excellent condition with no rust and great chrome shine. The convertible top appears to be fairly new. It has great color, fits tightly and the weatherstripping is in great condition. Both the side windows roll up properly and create a decent seal with the top. The side glass and windshield are scratched though. The exterior paint color and shine is beautiful. The only real deficiency with this car is that there is a lot of paint overspray and the prep work prior to painting is poor in spots. However, aside from the paint work the interior, engine bay, convertible top, wire spoke wheels and driveability of this 1967 Austin Healey is great!
Once again, this is not a full restoration and is not a Concourse level car, but as a classic daily driver you couldn't ask for more.
* Engine: Runs smooth and accelerates briskly. No leaks, No smoke!
* Transmission: Shifts easily with good clutch engagement.
* Exhaust System: No holes, no problems.
* Tires: Michelins in rear 60% remaining, LeMans in front 80% remaining.
* Brakes: Brakes stop the car straight with no pulsing.
* Steering: Steering is tight with no noticeable play. Car handles well.
* Front Seats: It appears the interior has been restored and all the vinyl looks excellent throughout the interior. One tiny nick in leather on driver's seat back.
* Rear Seats: Ditto the above statement. Two 1/2" cuts in lower cushion at the rear.
* Carpet: Carpet has been replaced and looks very good, but is a little short in places under the seats and is not glued down everywhere, but no problems.
* Headliner: There is no headliner in the convertible top, but there are a few stains on the top's interior side.
* Dash: The dash vinyl top, the wood trim and all gauges and switches look very good with no cracks or problems. Everything operates correctly.
* Electronics: The car has Lucas Electronics, but there are no problems with the systems. All electronic components seem to work properly.
* Paint: The paint color and shine is beautiful. The car has been repainted with a single-stage paint process. There are many overspray areas and some of the prep work was not well done, but overall this car looks great as a 20-footer. There are really no scratches and the paint job is the only part of this car's mild restoration that isn't up to par with the rest of the car.
* Front Bumper: The chrome on the front bumper is in excellent condition.
* Rear Bumper: The chrome on the rear bumper is in excellent condition.
* Grille: The chrome and shape of the front grille pieces are in excellent condition.
* Glass: The glass all around the car is scratched.
* Frame: No issues.
* Sound System: N/A
* Amplifier: N/A
* Seat Surface: Vinyl